Junior Software Engineer - Junior Blockchain Developer
No experience in Blockchain or Web3 is needed - we are providing training. See tech requirements below.
Experience level: 1-2 years experience in full-stack web development desired. We encourage you to apply if you don’t have this experience and tell us why you think you’d still be a great fit.
EastCode eCommerce Solutions develops both traditional software and Web3/blockchain apps. We are looking for someone with solid skills in full-stack web development who wants to break into Web3 & blockchain app development (dApp development).
We need you to be great with the following tech:
If you have some skills in this tech, you’ll be considered a great candidate. If you don’t, we’re willing to train you and teach you what you need to know:
- Solidity or Rust Smart Contract Development & Deployment (if you’ve deployed smart contracts on a real project, you’re a great fit)
- Web3.js or Ethers.js
- Web3 Integrations, dApp development
- SQL Databases or NoSQL Databases
You’ll report to the CTO and the CEO, and work closely with other junior and senior developers. You may even work directly with the development teams of our clients.
More Requirements & Responsibilities:
- Assisting the CTO and Senior Developers with all aspects of software design and coding.
- Participating in planning with Product Managers and Business Development Managers while contributing fresh ideas and executing the development roadmap.
- Learning the codebase and improving your coding skills.
- Writing and maintaining code using industry-standard documentation practices.
- Working on minor bug fixes.
- Monitoring the technical performance of internal systems.
- Responding to requests from the development team.
- Participate in Agile Sprints and update ticket-based task management systems.
- Gathering information from consumers about program functionality including product analytics.
- Writing reports.
- Conducting development tests.
Junior Blockchain Developer Education Requirements:
- College Diploma or demonstrated equivalent experience. We care more about your skills than your credentials.
The successful candidate will be provided with Blockchain App Development on-the-job training upon hiring
Where you’ll work:
The EastCode head office in Charlottetown as the COVID-19 Public Health Guidelines permit - safety is our top priority so you’ll work from home when it makes sense. In general, there is some work-from-home flexibility when required.
- The annual salary range is $34k - $52k depending on previous experience.
- We're proud to offer an extremely competitive benefits package including: Extended Health & Dental Benefits, Life Insurance, Short-term and Long-term Disability Insurance, Critical Illness insurance, and a Health Spending Account for you and your family are available after a 6-month probationary period. All premiums excluding disability premiums are paid 100% by EastCode.
- 2 weeks of paid vacation in the first year, increasing by 1 week each year to a maximum of 4 weeks per year. You can take your vacation or have it paid out - it's up to you!
- Bonuses are to be provided based on performance and availability after the probationary period.
- Note: we are exploring RRSP contribution matching and it may become a part of your compensation in the future.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, click the button below and also send your resume and a cover letter explaining why you’re a great fit to [email protected] - include a GitHub portfolio showcasing your work.
APPLICANTS THAT DO NOT SEND A COVER LETTER AND A GITHUB PORTFOLIO TO [email protected] WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.